Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Senior Profile: Kylee!

Abby (Left), Kylee (Right)
1. Major/ Area of interest 
Psychology major, Study of Women and Gender minor 

2. What do you think is the most exciting part of Cross Country? 
I find racing to be the most exciting part of cross-country.  We have the chance to see what we can do with all the hard work we've put in, testing ourselves physically and mentally! 

3. What is your best running moment? 
My best running moment is not one, but every single time I find myself fighting through the negative thoughts and succeeding in pushing myself and finding the power I know we all have. 

4. What is your favorite thing to do in Northampton?
My favorite thing to do in Northampton is going to Herrell's and getting a scoop of Mudpie ice cream in a chocolate dipped/sprinkled waffle cone.  Getting nachos at Mama Iguana's is right up there, too. :) 

5. How does it feel to be a senior at Smith ! 
It is a bizarre feeling, being a senior.  As most seniors would say, it does in fact feel like I was a first year just a little while ago.  Time really does fly, and especially when you're a part of such an amazing team, I think these 4 years have been the best so far!  I'm excited to see what we can do for the rest of the season, and itching to see what running has in store for me in the next phase of my life. 

6. What is your favorite thing/story about the team?
I'd have to say that my favorite thing about the team is how incredibly close we are.  We push through our toughest moments together, we comfort each other, and we laugh together.  A great image that I have of the team is dinners at Tyler, being loud, and laughing so hard we pee.

Overall, cross-country has been the highlight of my college experience, and I can't wait to extend the friendships I've made here into the real world!

Kylee making the team laugh after a hard workout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment